Hellooooo!!! It was so good talking to you on Christmas! I hope y'all had as merry of a Christmas as I did. :)
We were blessed with a WHITE CHRISTMAS! It was crazy! It snowed pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday! It's funny, I never disliked the snow back home, but I never super loved it either. Now it's snowing in Georgia and I got super excited! Haha it reminds me of home and I didn't even know that was a memory of home. I built a baby snowman without gloves on and it was the coldest snow I've ever touched... Haha wet and cold. Because of the snow church got cancelled. Yes, I know, 3 inches of snowfall is devastating. Haha we were at Christmas dinner at the Barnes' home when we found out there was no church. Elder Whitehead and I were so confused. What were we supposed to do for a whole entire Sunday right after Christmas if there aren't any services? We went outside in the morning and the whole entire town of Cornelia was shut down. It was interesting. The snow melted off of the roads by the afternoon, so we were able to go see some members and investigators.
I love my aloe plant that I got for Christmas. I love it so much. Haha, we named him Judas Maccabee, the most hardcore biblical name we could think of. Thank you so much for all of the Christmas gifts that I received, they are much appreciated. :)
On Tuesday we sang at Brother Woody's funeral, "Nearer My God To Thee". It was a good experience; we were grateful to be able to help with the memorial. We quickly drove south to Lilburn for the Mission Christmas "Conference." Haha, we missed the speaking/spiritual parts and made it just in time for some catered Mexican food and Christmas festivities. It was fun seeing all of my friends from GANM. It's interesting to think that I've nearly been out for 6 months now. When I talked to y'all on the phone it seemed like it had only been two weeks since we talked when I was in the SLC airport. Time flies when you are having fun!
Christmas seems to be a time when people get sick or injured. We visited two members in the hospital this week who needed blessings. I am learning about so many different types of ailments, like shingles and diabetes. Haha welcome to the world Elder Caplin.
We decided to learn a Christmas Song in Spanish to sing to a Hispanic family in our ward that we are friends with. The night before we performed, we tried to practice on another Hispanic family that we know. They wouldn't answer, so we just sang to the door haha. When we sang "Away in a Manger" to the Molinas in Spanish, they were very very happy. That was probably one of my favorite Christmas gifts that we gave this season. Wednesday we went caroling with the youth at a rest home and had a super awesome lesson with Jeremy about the creation and the fall. Christmas Eve we did a little bit of service and ate with a fun family from the ward. Christmas Day we opened presents, called home, ate good food (I cooked breakfast for E.W.) and had fun. We finished the night by reading from the Bible.
I am learning how important the 'little things' are. I have a strong testimony that when we do the little things that God asks us to do, He will help us when large challenges come forth. I also believe that when we do little bad things, we will one day find that we have slipped into a pile of sin and have become all dirty. I know that prayer and good thoughts focused on God are good for us.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy the season, love what you have. I love you. Thanks for everything.
Elder Mikey Caplin
No comments:
Post a Comment