Monday, December 6, 2010

Happiness is Free...You Just Have to Know Where to Look For It

Hello Hellooooo!

We got transfer calls last night and we survived!!! Both Elder Whitehead and I will be staying here in Cornelia another transfer!!! I am super excited about that because we have so much fun together. I love that kid. I'm glad we will still be companions here. I totally forgot that transfer calls were last night, I can't believe how quickly the past 6 weeks has flown by--I didn't even realize transfers were coming! Everyone is happy that we will be staying here at least until January. :)

I was on an exchange Tuesday and Wednesday here in Cornelia with my good friend Elder Disbrow. That was fun. We ate at Hardee's after District Meeting. I walked in expecting it to be just like Carl's Jr. Oh how I was disappointed. No Western Bacon Cheeseburgers or Spicy Chicken sandwiches. Oh well, it'll be all right; I'll get them in Summer Oh Twelve--no worries there.

We helped a woman from the ward set up a presentation for the Relief Society activity this Tuesday. She showed the group some videos that the Church makes  (Mormon Messages about Christmas). The videos were really good-- I suggest you watch them for FHE. :)

Anyway, speaking of the Internet, we had a specialized training down in Lilburn with President King. He told us that he had a meeting with the Presidency of the Seventy and that they want to totally change missionary work. They did some research, which told them that missionaries tracting is not efficient in any way, soooooooo now we are to use mormon.org as our tool! We have been asked to make profiles, and have the members do the same! That way they can have a huge network of Mormons and their testimonies online to help opinions of people who don't know any members. There are some really touching videos on there that we have been asked to watch so that we can use them to help investigators and to help find investigators! One video (not from mormon.org, but one of the Mormon Messages) we watched this week is so good. I love it everytime I watch it. Here it is--please watch it. :)

These videos and whatnot are meant to help all of us in our quest in coming closer to Christ. I watched the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional last night and it was so good. The spirit touches you as you listen to God's prophets bear witness of our Savior Jesus Christ. I am so excited for this Christmas season when we can forget about ourselves and focus on others and be grateful for the Joy of Jesus. President Monson has talked about remembering the true spirit of Christmas. He said to remember that all we have to do is take off the last 3 letters of the phrase and it becomes the Spirit of Christ. I know that Jesus can redeem us all.

We had another lesson with Jeremy this week. He is such an awesome kid. We taught him the message of the restoration again. After the lesson we asked him how his prayers have been going. We asked him what he thinks he could do to know for himself that the Book of Mormon is true. He said, "Well... I guess I need to keep reading more, and I should probably go to church." It is so awesome to see someone who is so excited about the Gospel and truly trying to be a disciple of Christ. He has read all the way to Mosiah in just a few weeks in the Book of Mormon. It's prettyyyyy awesome.

I learned how to say "greetings" in Apache this week. I was pretty excited about that. A guy in our ward is from Montana and he grew up right next to a reservation so he taught me haha. I don't know how to spell it or else I would tell you what it is, but just trust me on this one, it's great.
Also, I am changing. It's bizarre. I ate a whole box of Raisin Bran last week. Raisin Bran? Really? That is such an old person cereal, and it's healthy! hahaha I am much less picky with what I eat now, it's funny.
We were able to help the City of Cornelia set up for their Christmas parade this Saturday. That was tons of fun. It's such a cute hometown place. Everyone on the floats was saying "hi" to the people on the street. I love how everyone knows everyone here.

We spent a bit of time this week visiting members and letting them know about mormon.org. We are trying to get as many people as we can to make profiles. I am so excited that it is Christmas time. It finally got cold here-- the sun shines and everything, it's just windy and the air is cold.

I had a good week. I am always learning. Always messing up. Always trying to do better. I am happy. I love living life, I love meeting new people, I love serving others, I love the peace of the Gospel. I love my family so much. I love love. Haha :) Happiness is free, you just have to know where to look for it.

Thanks for everything,
Love Elder Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment