Today is my last P-day and last day day here at the MTC! I can't believe it! It has been a great experience, lots of ups and downs, but I have learned a lot. Some of the major things that I have learned are: 1. God loves each and everyone of us. He wants us to be happy more than we even know. 2. We can all come to know Jesus by using the atonement to either repent or by simply trying to become like Him. 3. Everyone in the world is different and has their own set of worries and concerns. In order for them to accept the gospel we have to get to know them and then apply it to them. 4. Everyone wants to talk about their life, we just have to pull it out of them.--haha--I've learned the importance of asking questions and it is hard to do. 5. Fast sundays in the MTC are extremely difficult. I now have a newfound appreciation for our 9 AM church--haha.
I've learned how to study the scriptures and stuff quite well. One of my favorite things to do during the lessons is try to find a really good scripture to apply to the investigator. Also strangely enough I'm getting excited to speak in churches. I've written two talks already.
The MTC was good to me. I had lots of friends there. We had a lot of fun and learned a lot too. Like I said before, I have learned tons of languages. I have also learned origami, which is awesome. We quote Harry Potter a lot. haha--It's just fun. The rest of my district leaves tonight at 8:30 for Washington DC. We leave at 3 am to go to Georgia! I'm soooo excited! Not really scared too much, but I do wish I had more time here at the MTC. There are so many resources here for us to learn from. My zone is a part of this pilot learning program so in our class we have a computer and a 60-inch HDTV. We watch conference talks and MTC devotionals and church videos and stuff all the time. Ooh, seriously look up mormon.org, it's pretty cool. I like it. Kinda like a mormon facebook. Also, we looked up Georgia on google earth and it's awesome, soooo green! The mission home is in the same lot as a church building and it's like the largest chapel I've ever seen.
I miss you guys a lot! I hope everything is going well at home, it sounds like you've just been partying non-stop which is what I like to hear!
Well I'm running out of email time so I gotta go, but I will call you tomorrow at the airport! Get ready for an early phone call! haha and I will also call you around 8 ish from the Denver airport.
We wake up at 2 am, dress, eat breakfast, and have to be out front of the MTC by 3 am. Our flight leaves SLC at 630 and then we land in Denver at 8:30. We land in ATL at 2 and then go straight to the mission home, about an hour away! We have a fireside planned, interviews, and dinner. Then the next day is transfers Wednesday so the whole mission will be there and I will get my companion!
I'm all packed and ready to go!
Love you!!!!!!!
Love, Elder Mikey Caplin
No comments:
Post a Comment